Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Baby shopping and lunch

After breakfast, Mom took us out to some baby stores to get some stuff for the baby. Clothes, a chair for infants, some blankets, etc. I took a look at some strollers as well. Of course the guy in me wants to get the biggest, most high-tech stroller available - something like this:



Or this:


However, Vanessa will probably want to rein in my aspirations and get something affordable. ~sigh~ Women just don't get vehicles.

After the shopping, Vanessa and I took Mom and Dad out to lunch, to Solé on Erb Street. Vanessa and I shared the soup of the day (she can never finish whole orders of anything it seems), she had linguini tossed in a baby clam and tarragon rosé sauce with roasted garlic, red onion, sweet peppers and shiitake mushrooms garnished with seared jumbo sea scallops, and I had wiener schnitzel. Dad had roast beef on a spinach salad with a buttermilk dressing and garnished with necatarines and blackberries, and Mom had the calamari. We had a nice bottle of Italian white with our dinner and cappuccinos after. The grand total, with tip and taxes was $130, which was pretty reasonable for the level of service and quality of food.

1 comment:

Andre said...

i'm with you... when the time comes for me, i would probably wanna get the Hummer of baby strollers but of course i would get shut down by the wifey