Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Camping

We've been doing some camping lately, and we're planning on doing more - in fact, we want to go this weekend on New Year's Day, if it doesn't rain. We can accept cold temperatures, but cold and wet is no one's idea of fun.

Here are some pictures from our last excursions up in the mountains past Neiwan. This guy was a drunk aboriginal with a long hunting rifle. He had wandered over to our campsite, discharged his weapon a few times (to impress us, no doubt) and then got his ramrod stuck in the barrel while he was reloading. A local candidate for the Darwin Awards, no doubt. Hehehe...


Gustav was in dog heaven up in the mountains. He loved being able to sleep with us, and I think we appreciated the extra warmth. He put up with our ridiculous commands:


And I think he has a new fan and friend in Megan, the daughter of our good friends, Michael & Wanda:


Our last camping trip gave us a chance to try out our new tent (the one on the left):


We also got to hang out with our friends and just talk about nothing - sort of a wilderness episode of Seinfeld... The quiet of the mountains has a very soothing effect on me. I must remember to do this as often as I can. Pictured here is Meilan, Michael and Vanessa.


The scenery up there is pretty incredible. It's a side of Taiwan that I don't get to see in my daily life.

No comments: