Sunday, May 04, 2003

Fricking SARS

Fricking SARS. It's affecting my life several times a day now. I get my temperature taken when I go into a parking garage, a movie theatre, my gym. It's all they can talk about on the local news. When someone coughs, everybody in the vicinity gets nervous. I find myself glaring at people who spit in the streets. (No wait, I've always done that...) I feel tired and I wonder if I'm coming down with something. I get hot in the sun, feel the sweat on my forehead, and wonder if I'm feverish. Stupid.

My paranoia aside, this is also affecting my income. Students are cancelling classes out of fear, or in the case of a few companies, are prohibited from having outsiders come into their offices. I'm hoping this whole thing blows over by the time The Project kicks into gear. Now that I'm finally becoming my own boss, I really want to work my ass off and make my mark. Last thing I need is to have everything derailed by a lousy virus from Zhongguo.

No comments: